Sunday, September 18, 2011

Red Grouper

We picked up a fish at the market that we have never cooked before.  It is Red Grouper.  Upon looking up information on it we knew that the flesh could dry out when cooked.   I Took some mayonnaise and spread it on the flesh part of the fish and then sprinkled it with a fish seasoning.  The mayonnaise helps to keep the fish moist while it is being cooked on the grill.

Made a couscous with saffron and chives.  Grilled asparagus that was drizzled with olive oil.  A side salad with lettuce, cucumber, and tomato that was drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.





SIDE NOTE:  After having the fish cooked this way I have decided that I would not cook red grouper this way again.  Grouper has a very meaty and dense texture.  It doesn't have a lot of flavor on its own. I think the next time I decide to make something with this fish, I will cook it a different way so that it can be really flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment