Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken Piccata

Here is a recipe that I have for Chicken Piccata:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into cutlets
Salt and Black Pepper
Flour
Oil
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used a Viognier, this happened to be what I had open)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth (I used my homemade broth that I pulled from the freezer)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon drained capers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Lemon Slices

Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.  Coat a pan with nonstick spray, add oil and heat over medium-high heat.  Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side.  Flip cutlets over and saute the other side, covered, 1-2 minutes.  Transfer cutlets to a warmed platter.  Deglaze pan with wine and add garlic.  Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.  Add broth, lemon juice, and capers.  Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for about 1 minute. Transfer cutlets to plates.  Finish sauce with butter and lemons.  Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets.  Garnish with fresh parsley (optional).

To go along with this I served the chicken over a cooked capellini pasta.  

Also a salad of green leaf lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, dried cherries (if you have never had that in a salad I highly recommend) and some croutons.  It was dressed with a homemade french dressing.




No comments:

Post a Comment