Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grilled Escolar, Green Beans, Corn on the Cob

We first experienced Escolar fish at our local fish market and restaurant.  It is a mild white fish that almost has a texture of a pork chop.  The fish is a very oily fish.

I took the fish, sprinkled it with salt and pepper and drizzled it with a little olive oil.  The fish was grilled at a high temperature for about 4 minutes per side.  I made a butter with a seafood seasoning that I picked up from the Blue Crab Bay Co. (which contains lemon peel, garlic, parsley, white pepper, chives, basil, cayenne).  I then topped the fish with this butter.

The green beans I steamed and then sauteed them with chopped walnuts, butter and a little oil.

The corn I just cooked in water and then served with butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment