Monday, July 18, 2011

Flat Iron Steak Salad

So I know I haven't posted in a while and I apologize.  The last thing I actually cooked in the kitchen was burgers and pasta salad.   It really wasn't that exciting so I decided not to post it.

Tonight however, we made a big salad.

On the steak I used a rub that came out of the Grassfed Gourmet Cookbook.

Cumin Cinnamon Rub

1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1-1/2 tablespoons ground cumin (I grind my own cumin, I think it has a much stronger taste that way)
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1-1/2 tablespoons course salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

We then grilled the steak to a medium rare temperature.

The salad consisted of green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, green pepper, tomato (that a friend gave us out of his garden - they are wonderful), some blueberries, a couple of strawberries, some fresh mozzarella cheese and the steak was sliced and put on top of the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment