Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Asparagus and Bacon Quiche

I decided to make a quiche for lunch today.  I went into the refrigerator to see what I had available, found asparagus.  I knew that I had a whole wheat organic pre-made crust in the freezer so I dug that out and thawed it out.

The crust I baked at 400 degrees for 5 minutes covered and then removed foil and baked (after pricking with a fork) for another 5 minutes.  Removed from oven and let cool.

To the quiche I added 1-1/2 cups fresh raw milk cream, salt (dash), pepper (dash), 3 eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled), and one bunch asparagus (cut up and cooked slightly).  I also added extra Parmesan cheese to the top (about 1/2 cup).   I added the cut up asparagus and the bacon to the crust and then added the cream mixture followed by the extra cheese.  I baked it at 450 degrees for 10 minutes and then reduced the heat to 375 and baked for another 25 minutes (you want to make sure that a knife put into the center comes out clean).

No comments:

Post a Comment