Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just Peachy

Tonight's Dinner:
Alaskan Coho Salmon with Peach Glaze
Wilted Mixed Greens
Steamed Snow Peas
Tossed Salad with French Dressing

Okay, so when I was trying to figure out what to make tonight for dinner I started looking at what I had that was fresh.  Mike and I went to the farmer's market on Saturday and picked up peaches, mixed greens, lettuce, and snow peas.

I really wanted to do something with the peaches and knew we had salmon in the freezer.  We get our fish market to special order the salmon in the fall (when they are fishing for it in Alaska).  The salmon has a rich flavor, is dense and meaty and extremely flavorful.

So I took the peaches and removed the skins (by putting them in boiling water for just a little while).  I then chopped the peaches.  I added the peaches to a sauce pan and then added a little maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and a little sweet white wine (I happened to have a very sweet dessert style Riesling in the refrigerator).  I cooked it on the stove to reduce the liquid down to make it a glaze to be used on the salmon.  Mike took the salmon and grilled it adding the glaze at the last stages of cooking.

The snow peas were just steamed and a little butter was added.

The mixed greens I put into a skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil and added the greens just to wilt them.

The little bit of the glaze that was left was placed on the side to use with the salmon.

The salad just contained lettuce with tomato and a homemade french dressing.  Simple but tasty.

We of course finished the dinner off with a bottle of 2008 Afton Mountain Vineyards Chardonnay.

I am really hoping that by posting what I made for dinner will inspire and bring out my creativity and inspire you and your creativity.  Hope you enjoy.

If you have any questions or would like more details on how to make something feel free to post the question so that I can answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment