Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie (Chicken Leftovers Day 2)

Tonight's dinner will be a homemade chicken pot pie.

I made a homemade pie crust with a top and bottom.  I love the crust on the bottom of a pot pie!  To this I added all the leftover chicken (cut up), 2 fresh carrots (chopped), a couple of new red potatoes (I peeled and chopped them), some frozen peas that were thawed, the leftover gravy from last night, small amount of onion, tarragon, and basil.  I placed the top crust on and it is ready to be baked.

I made this ahead of time so that after work and running errands it can just be popped into the oven and baked for about 30 to 45 minutes (until the crust is nice and brown).

The pot pie ready to be baked.  I will add an egg wash to the crust so that it get a nice crispy crust on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment