Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

I had a real taste for spaghetti tonight and I didn't want to use any wheat free pasta.  I did however have this huge spaghetti squash sitting on the counter just begging to be cooked.  So I actually cooked the huge squash and made spaghetti with it.

Baked Spaghetti Squash
Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.  Place the halves onto a baking pan and place into a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for 45 minutes.  Since this was a huge squash I cooked it for a total of 1 hour.

Remove squash from oven and using a fork start at the narrow end (where the root would have been) and scrape the fork through the squash.  I will start to look like a bunch of spaghetti.  Place the spaghetti into a large bowl.  Keep warm.

Spaghetti Meat Sauce
1 pound of grass fed ground beef
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 14-1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 14-1/2 ounce can of tomato sauce (I happened to have a pizza sauce which is pretty much the same thing but it has all the spices and herbs that you would want)
1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
1 tablespoon of dried basil
In a skillet over medium high heat add ground beef and chop up to make into pieces.  I left mine on the larger side.  Cook until no longer pink.  Add garlic and cook. Turn heat to medium and add cans of diced tomato and sauce.  Stir mixing the meat and the sauce together.  Add spaghetti squash and incorporate into the sauce meat mixture.  I couldn't use all of my squash so I reserved the rest to eat later.

Serve the meal with a small side salad consisting of mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers.


Serve with a little bit of fresh grated Parmesan cheese if you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment