Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pancakes (Gluten Free)

You ever just have a taste for something and you won't be satisfied until you get it?  This morning it was like that for me.  I really really wanted pancakes.  We have eliminating wheat from our diet and I have to say that I feel good not eating it.  Since we aren't eating wheat I needed to find a good recipe for pancakes.  I already use my own mix of gluten flour for when I make my brownies but I didn't know if that would work as a straight out substitute in a regular white flour recipe.  So as to not re-create the wheel.  I opted to look for another food blog who had a recipe.  I came across Elana's Pantry Silver Dollar Pancakes.  I have to say there were delicious!  Oh, and if you are doing the Paleo diet, these fit that as well!

Gluten Free Pancakes
3 eggs
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
1-1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
a small amount of coconut oil for the pan
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and honey.  Add almond flour, salt and baking soda.   Mix until all ingredients are combined.  Heat coconut oil in a skillet or flat pan over medium heat.  Add batter about 2 tablespoons onto skillet.  When bubbles form on pancakes, flip them, cook until done.  Regulate heat as necessary so that they won't burn.  Remove to a plate and serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.  I also used a blueberry sauce that was imported from France.  The sauce is made from blueberries and grape juice.  No added sugars or other ingredients.

I also served this with some cooked breakfast sausage links that came from our local farm.




No comments:

Post a Comment