Thursday, June 14, 2012

Whole Roast Chicken

I hadn't cooked a whole chicken in a while and had a craving for one roasted.

I used a rub recipe from the Grassfed Gourmet cookbook.  I sliced fresh onions and lemons.  I added some onion and lemon slices to the bottom, so that the chicken could sit on them.  I added a few slices of the onion and lemon to the cavity of the chicken.  I also stuffed in some fresh parsley.  Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, and use rub all over.  Cook the chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1-1/2 hours (depending on the size).

Chicken Herb Rub
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried oregano

The leftover chicken will be used to make homemade chicken salad and the carcass will be used to make broth.


No comments:

Post a Comment