Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baked Salmon with Quinoa Salad

I am sorry that I have been a way for a while.  I was at GFWC (General Federation of Women's Clubs) International Convention, which is a volunteer organization.  As we all know that when we are away from home you eat food that maybe isn't that good for you.  Of course in this case since I was at a convention I was eating the normal plate dinners that hotels and convention centers served.  I couldn't wait to get back into my kitchen today and make something, so that is what I did!

Baked Salmon
Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.  Place salmon onto a cookie sheet lined with foil (I only do this because it makes clean up easier), drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. 

Quinoa Salad
Prepare quinoa according to package directions.  
Few sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
Half of a fresh green onion (green and white parts), thinly sliced
About 1/8 to 1/4 cup pine nuts
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir to incorporate ingredients.  Place cooked salmon on top of a hearty spoonful of quinoa.

This meal was also served with a small side salad of fresh lettuce from the garden.






No comments:

Post a Comment