Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sweet Roasted Corn Salad

I had a pot luck cook out to go to tonight and I tried and tried to figure out what I wanted to take.  I just couldn't make up my mind.  I follow this blog called Easy Natural Food.  Debbie does a Summer Salad Sundays where people can log in and post their favorite salad recipe.  So I thought this would be the perfect place for me to go and find a recipe.  I found this recipe at a blog called Whole Foods on a Budget.  I have to say this recipe is super simple to make, looks festive and bright and everyone loved it.

Sweet Roasted Corn Salad
1 - 16 ounce bag of frozen corn (I used the corn that I took right off the corn cob last year)
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 large cucumber, seeded and cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, mined
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt to taste
Lay corn on a cookie sheet (I used a non stick foil on the pan so clean up would be easy) and broil at 550 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully.  Pull out when it just begins to brown.  The roasting sweetens the corn and adds a smokey flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment