Monday, June 11, 2012

Grilled Tuna

There is nothing better than tuna on the grill, or at least that is my opinion.  The tuna we got came from SeaBear who have excellent seafood.  As I was making part of this meal I told my husband that I don't know how this experiment will turn out, his comment was your experiments always turn out great.  I have to say he was right.

Grilled Tuna
2 tuna steaks
juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup tamari (soy sauce)
2 cloves garlic crushed
Combine lemon juice, tamari and garlic.  Place tuna in a container and add liquid.  Marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature.  Heat grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  Place tuna on grill and cook for no more than 4 minutes per side.  This depends a lot on how you like your tuna cooked.  Our tuna was rather thick and we like our tuna more on the rare side.

Fried Buckwheat Soba Noodles with Mixed Mushrooms
I had a package of soba noodles and decided that this would be our side dish.  Sometimes it is a matter of digging through the pantry to see what you have and what you want to cook.  I try to plan meals out so that I have the ingredients on hand but sometimes that doesn't necessarily work.
Cook 1 package of soba noodles to package directions
1 package of frozen mixed mushrooms, thawed
Fish Sauce
In a skillet add a little bit of ghee, let melt over medium heat.  Add mushrooms and cook slightly.  Add cooked soba noodles.  Toss noodles with mushrooms.  Continue to cook.  Add a little bit of fish sauce (this will add a nice flavor to the noodles).  Continue to cook, turning constantly until a few noodles become crispy.  Serve with tuna.

Along with the tuna we had a side salad.  The salad consisted of salad greens we picked up at the farmers market on Saturday.  A fresh diced tomato and fresh feta cheese was added.


On the bottom part of the picture is a breakfast radish from our garden.  My husband is a big fan of radishes, I am not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment