Monday, January 2, 2012

The Everything but the Chicken Chicken Soup

I have the feeling that I am coming down with a cold so I thought a bowl of chicken soup was in order.  Instead of going all out on full blown chicken noodle soup I improvised.  I keep homemade chicken broth in the freezer so I pulled 2 quart jars out of the freezer to thaw.

Once they were partially thawed I dumped both jars into a large saucepan.  Brought the broth to a boil and added the following:
1/2 of a vidalia onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup frozen corn
Add vegetables to the broth and cook until vegetables are soft.  Bring the broth with vegetables to a boil and add about 1 cup of fusilli pasta.  Add some salt and pepper to taste.  I also added a sprig of fresh thyme and let it cook in the broth.  Remove the thyme before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment