Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner

I know you think that I have abandoned the kitchen for better things, I can assure you that is not the case. Life sometimes gets in the way of other things and with many things going on I have found it hard to make full dinners.  We have been eating a lot of things that we freeze from previous meals, like the other night we had beef vegetable soup that was made at some point and frozen.

Here is what I made tonight.  Keeping it simple and delicious.

A 2 egg omelet with tomato and mozzarella cheese.  I have a small pan that I use to cook my eggs in.  Cut the tomato into slices and then pull the seeds out of it, diced into small bites.  Add the diced tomato to a medium hot pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or a little bit of olive oil.  Cook the tomatoes slightly, you want them to warm up but not become mushy. Take 2 eggs and crack them into a small bowl or measuring cup, beat and add about 1 teaspoon of water, beat.  Add egg to the pan.  Once egg is in the pan use a rubber spatula to move the egg around the edges of the pan, like scraping it.  I like to flip my eggs before I add filling.  Flip the eggs once the eggs have set (they aren't runny anymore) and add your filling, this is where I add the cheese.  Slide the omelet onto a plate and use the pan to flip the other half over the top of the omelet.

We like to cook our bacon in the microwave, it is fast and easy clean up.  All you need to do is have a microwave safe platter, line platter with paper towels (a fair amount since this will be soaking up the grease) and then line the paper towel with your slices of bacon.  Add more paper towels over top of the bacon.  Place in microwave.  Now our microwave only takes about 3 minutes for 5 slices of bacon.  Remove bacon to another platter, add more paper towels as needed and cook the rest of the bacon.

My husband enjoys his eggs over easy.  For me the pan needs to be heated on medium high, sprayed with cooking spray.  Add eggs and cook until the whites are just about cooked and you are able to flip them.  Flip them and remove from heat.  They will be cooked perfect.

I apologize for the pictures, they are not my best photos.
Served with buttered wheat toast and some tomato slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment