Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pasta with Sausage Meatballs

I don't know what the deal is but the last couple of days I have not felt like cooking at all.  We have been eating dishes that we had frozen.  Tonight was still like that, earlier in the day the normal question was asked, "what do you want for dinner?" I had no ideas at all and couldn't even begin to think about food early in the day or what I wanted to have for dinner.  So my husband suggested spaghetti.  So we pulled some pork sausage from the freezer to that out.  I figured at that point I would just make a simple meat sauce.  I got into the kitchen and decided to make meatballs and to use a shaped pasta instead of spaghetti.

I took 1 pound of pork sausage, add 2 eggs and some bread crumbs and some dried oregano; mix.  Just add enough bread crumbs to make the sausage and eggs stick together (you don't want them to be dry).  I used a small scoop to scoop my sausage mixture out with.  I wanted the meatballs small so that they wouldn't take long to cook. I dropped the meatballs into a hot skillet that I added extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tablespoons).  Cook the meatballs, turning often, until done in the middle and browned on the outside.

The sauce was actual a pre-made sauce in a jar.  I heated it and then added it to the cooked pasta.  Add the meatballs and then a couple of slices of sun dried tomatoes.  Add some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

The meal was served with garlic bread and a side salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment