Monday, December 2, 2013

Hawaiian Meatballs

I have a pot luck dinner to go to tomorrow night.  I went ahead and made my meal tonight which will save me time tomorrow and all I need to do is put it in the crock pot and warm it up.  You can also double this recipe which is what I did.

Simple and Easy!

Hawaiian Meatballs
1 pound ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce or tamari)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  Place all ingredients into a large bowl.  Form meat into 1 inch balls.  Place meatballs into a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil.  Place into oven and cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn meatballs over, return to oven and cook for about 5 minutes more.

In a small bowl combine:
2 tablespoons arrowroot
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
Mix well with a whisk, set aside.

In a large saucepan add:
2 tablespoons ghee
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup diced green peppers
1 can pineapple chunks in natural juice, reserving juice
Over medium high heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.  Add the arrowroot mixture and the following ingredients to the pan.
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
Simmer, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.  Add cooked meatballs and serve.

If you are serving this the next day like I am, I placed the sauce and the meatballs into my crock pot, pot.  That way all I need to do tomorrow is place it in the electric part of the crock pot turn it on and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment