Sunday, July 8, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade

I had a picnic to go to yesterday evening and would have posted this last night but I forgot to take a picture.  I had to use my cell phone camera but the area where we were had the picnic did not have fantastic cell service so I couldn't post the picture last night.  The other day at the grocery store I picked up a beautiful container of strawberries.  At the time I did not have any ideas or thoughts of what I was going to do with them, but I had to have them.  Since it is going to be a hot evening I thought a lemonade might be nice and then I remembered that I have 2 pounds of strawberries in the refrigerator.  What if I add those and made a strawberry lemonade, I thought.

I looked for a strawberry lemonade recipe to make and found one on a blog called My Baking Addiction.

Strawberry Lemonade
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and capped
1 cup fresh lemon juice (strain to remove seeds)
6 cups cold water
Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan.  Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar in completely dissolved; stir occasionally.  Let cool.  Place strawberries into a blender with 1/2 cup water.  Blend until smooth.  In a large pitcher or jar add simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice and water.  Serve over ice.  I froze some extra strawberries to float in the lemonade and to help keep the lemonade cold without watering it down and also added a few lemon slices for contrast.


We had leftover lemonade so this evening we took a tall glass filled it with crushed ice, add vodka (we keep our vodka in the freezer) then add lemonade and stir.  Add a few of the strawberries and a lemon slice. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment