Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pickled Beet Eggs

I love pickled eggs, it is one of those things that I had as a kid and loved.  I don't make them very often and in fact I don't think I have made them in years.  I had a taste for them so I thought I would make some.  The beets give the eggs a nice purple pink color.   I will do my best with the recipe because so much of it is by taste.

Pickled Beet Eggs
2 cans of beets (regular beets, they can be whole or sliced - I prefer whole)
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup Sugar
2 dozen Hard cooked eggs, peeled
In a large saucepan add both cans of beets (juice and all), add vinegar and sugar.  Cook until sugar has dissolved.   Add eggs to a large glass jar (do not use plastic or stainless), and the beet vinegar mixture.  Keep in refrigerator.

The longer you leave the eggs in the juice the more flavor that will seep into the egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment