Sunday, July 29, 2012

Steamed Salmon with Soy Lime

As I mentioned from my previous post that I would be doing more steamed recipes, well here is another.  I searched the internet looking for a tasty recipe for salmon but couldn't really find one to suit me.  I instead decided to make a combination of the last recipe and some ideas I got off the internet.

3 cups water
2 limes (take 1 lime and thinly slice, the other cut in half)
3 scallions (2 sliced in large chunks, 1 sliced thin)
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1 - 4 inch section of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
3 - 4 ounce pieces of salmon (this salmon came from www.seabear.com)
In a wok add 3 cups of water, add slices from 1/2 of a lime, add lime juice from the other half of the lime, add half of the diced ginger, scallions that have been cut into large chunks, and garlic.  Bring to a boil.  In a small dish (I used a pie plate) that is able to sit into the bamboo steamer.  Add a couple of lime slices to the bottom of the dish, add a little bit of ginger.  Place salmon on top of each lime slice, add a slice of lime on top of each piece and squeeze half of lime juice over top, remaining ginger and thinly sliced scallions.  Drizzle with a little bit (don't want to use too much) of tamari.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Place dish into steamer, place lid on steamer and place basket on top of wok.  Let steam for about 8-10 minutes until cooked.  It may take a little longer depending of the thickness of the salmon.  Serve with lime and juices from dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment