Monday, June 10, 2013

Brazilian Curry Chicken - Crock Pot Style

Okay ready for a funny story?  I was looking on the Internet at a site that had some recipes on it.  I was so excited when I saw one that I could make for dinner tonight.  I prepped all the ingredients and got it all into the crock pot only to realize that I had dinner with my girl friends tonight and that we would be eating out.

I told my husband what had happened and told him that he would be eating good while I was out tonight.  Explained what he needed to fix and that he had to take a picture.  I am more bummed about that fact that I made dinner tonight and would not be eating it.  Of course I still want to go out with the girls.

I found this recipe on the PaleOMG website.  It contains a lot of paleo recipes and this one sparked my interest.

Brazilian Curry Chicken - Crock Pot Style
I varied the recipe slightly from its original form.

2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ground ginger
5 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup of homemade chicken broth (of course I used my own right out of the freezer)
2 bell peppers, cut into cubes (I used one green and 1 red)
1 yellow onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl whisk together coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger powder, curry powder and chicken broth. Whisk in some salt and pepper to taste.  In the crock pot, place about half of the onions on the bottom of the crock pot, place chicken breasts on top, add rest of onions and the bell peppers.  Pour coconut milk mixture over chicken and vegetables.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.

Serve over some cooked brown rice.  Also served it with a side salad.  My husband said that this went well with a Imperial Red Ale from Apocalypse Ale Works.

Everything in the crock pot ready to be cooked.

Sitting on top of cooked brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment