Friday, March 22, 2013

Spiced Rubbed Tuna Steaks with a Balsamic Reduction and Kale Salad

I am still trying to get used to cooking tuna on my grill pan in the house.  I end up cooking it for a little longer than I want, I like it to be more on the rare side.  Tonight this was juicy in the middle but a little more done.

I found this recipe online on a blog called The Paleo Prize and it sounded fantastic, so I had to make it.

Spiced Rubbed Tuna Steaks 
1 tablespoon sea salt (I used an Hawaiian Black Sea Salt)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tuna steaks, patted dry
Coconut oil
Mix all ingredients together and pat them onto tuna steaks, making sure you get the edges as well.  Place tuna steaks into a hot pan coated with a little coconut oil and sear on each side about 2 minutes.  But like I said before it is really how you like your tuna.

Balsamic Reduction
6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
juice from 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
Place all ingredients into a saucepan and place over medium low heat.  Reduce the liquid by half.  Serve over cooked tuna steaks.

Kale Salad
2 bunches of baby kale
a little bit of water
1/8 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoons sesame seeds or a little bit more if you would like
Place kale into a microwave safe bowl add water.  Place plastic wrap on top of bowl (making sure that plastic wrap doesn't touch the kale) and place in microwave for about 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain water, add olive oil, tamari and sesame seeds.  Toss and Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment