Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Alaskan Halibut with Sauteed Red Kale and Quinoa

Sorry that I have been away for a while but I am back now and cooking in my kitchen!  It is good to be back!  Who knows what I will decide to cook up but check back often to find out!

Baked Alaskan Halibut
2 Halibut filets (these came from SeaBear)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt (I used a sea salt that had been infused with Rosemary)
Fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.  Place halibut onto a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cook for 20 minutes.

Sauteed Kale
Kale, de-stemmed, rinsed and chopped slightly
Coconut oil
Salt and Pepper
Place a small amount of coconut oil into a large skillet.  Heat over medium high heat.  Add kale, toss to cook.  You only want to cook it until it just begins to wilt, don't over cook it.  Serve.

I also made quinoa which I cooked based on the directions on the package.





No comments:

Post a Comment