Friday, March 1, 2013

Coffee Cake

I wanted to make some coffee cake to take to work with me today for everyone to enjoy.  I put the majority of the ingredients together the night before so that when I got up I could easily add the remaining ingredients, bake and take to work while it was still hot.  I made two of them, one for work and one for home.

Coffee Cake
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine oil, egg and milk in a mixing bowl.  Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and mix well.  Pour into greased 9x9x2 pans.  (I actually used foil pans that were 8x8).  Sprinkle with topping (ingredients below).  Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes.

Topping
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until crumbly.  Sprinkle over cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment