Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sore Throat Remedy

I was doing a little searching online and came across a remedy that you can make ahead for a sore throat.  Once I read something about this I did some more searching and decided to make some of my own.

Sore Throat Remedy
1 lemon
Raw Honey (unpasteurized, unprocessed)
Slice a lemon in half and then each half again.  Thinly slice each section of lemon and place into a small mason jar.  Remove seeds as you go along.  You probably will not be able to use all the lemon, really depends on the size of your jar.  Add honey until lemon slices are coated.  Place in refrigerator. When needed, remove from refrigerator and place 1 heaping tablespoon into a cup of boiling water and drink, like you are making tea.  It is supposed to relieve a sore throat.  I have tried it, minus the sore throat, and it tasted really good.

I also saw a few people who had added fresh peeled and chopped ginger.  I may make another jar with ginger so that I have a choice when I need it. Also, I read that as you use it you can continue to top it off with more honey and lemon slices.




No comments:

Post a Comment