Monday, November 19, 2012

Bratwurst Sausage Pepper Sandwiches

I haven't made this in a while and this made for a simple and easy dinner.

The Bratwurst is made by Niman Ranch.  I picked it up at the local store.

I bought this really cute bag of mixed colored bell peppers (yellow, orange and red) that contained small little peppers (peppers that didn't get big but had gotten their color).  I will never buy a bag like this again unless I decide to make some kind of pickled peppers.  They took forever to slice and remove the seeds.  To the sliced peppers I added a thinly sliced onion.  Place onions and peppers into a preheated skillet with a little bit of butter and olive oil.  Cook onions and peppers until tender.   Remove cooked peppers and then add the bratwurst to the pan and cook until done.

Add pepper mixture and bratwurst to a sub bun.  Serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment