Sunday, October 7, 2012

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

The weather has turned cool all of a sudden (today anyway) and I thought it would be the perfect day to make a pot of soup.

I had a chicken carcass that I had put in the freezer from one of our leftover dinners.  Yesterday I placed the frozen carcass into the crock pot, added water and let it cook from yesterday until late today.  I used this broth for the soup today.  Just strain the liquid from the crock pot and place into a pan.  It measured about 6 cups give or take.  Here is the link on how I normally make chicken broth .

2 raw chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
Several small carrots (I used some that I got out of the garden yesterday)
1 small green pepper (from our garden), diced
1/2 half of a red pepper, diced
1 small vidalia onion, chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
Salt and Pepper
Noodles
The above amounts are estimates, adjust to your taste.  Also, I am allergic to celery so I used green and red pepper in place of it.  Add vegetables to the broth, add raw chicken.  Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes or so, add herbs and let cook a little longer and adjust seasoning.  When close to the time you are ready to eat, bring the soup to a boil and add the noodles of your choice, cook until tender.  Serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment