Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce

Right now we have tomatoes galore.  They are coming in from the garden faster than we know what to do with them.  Tonight my husband wanted me to make spaghetti.  I thought sure why not and why not do a fresh sauce to go along with it.

Fresh Tomato Sauce
This is a recipe from my Vitamix.  I am sure that you can do the same thing with a good blender.
6 roma tomatoes, quartered
1 small onion, peeled, halved
1 small carrot, halved
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into a saucepan and simmer for 35-40 minutes.

I made regular spaghetti pasta, served it with a ground beef sausage (grassfed of course) and a side salad with French Dressing.

French Dressing
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup olive oil
Put all contents into a jar and shake until mixed.


No comments:

Post a Comment