Friday, February 24, 2012

Sausage with Mushroom Ravioli

When I was at the store I picked up a package of Porcini Mushroom and Truffle Triangles product of Italy made by Bertagni.   Looks very much like a ravioli.  I thought a simple sauce would be in order for this.  I had some Italian Sausage that I was going to cook and put with this.  When I opened the package of triangles you could immediately smell the truffles.  I love the taste of truffles and this meal needed something simple to go with it, I didn't want to cover the truffle smell or taste with a heavy sauce.

Cook the Italian sausage in a skillet until done, sliced it and added it back into the skillet.  Take 1 can of diced roma tomatoes (no salt, just tomatoes) and added it to the skillet.  When the tomatoes had warmed add some fresh chopped oregano and basil.

The triangles only take 3-4 minutes to cook.  Just add them to a pot of salted water and cook on a gentle boil.

Take the triangles out of the water and layered the sauce (tomato and sausage mixture) and the triangles together with just a little extra virgin olive oil.  Add a couple of triangles to the plate with some of the sauce mixture, top with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil.

The meal was served with a side salad and a couple slices of crusty bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment