Friday, December 2, 2011

Almond Milk

I thought I would give it a try and make Almond Milk.  I wanted to try a non dairy alternative.  I have a vitamix blender, but I think that if you had a powerful blender you can make it as well.  I figure that I would use it on cereal and in protein smoothies.

3 cups water
1 cup raw almonds
sugar or sweetener, to taste

Place all ingredients into blender.  Blend for about 2 minutes or until desired consistency.  I strained the blended mixture which got rid of the pulp.  I think it tastes okay.  I did add a tiny bit of sugar.  I will taste it again once it is fully chilled.

According to the nutritional information for 1 cup of milk = 239 calories, 9 grams of protein, 21 gram total fat, 8 gram carbohydrates, 5 gram fiber.

Here is the picture I took of the finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment