Monday, November 21, 2011

Lemon Chicken

I had no true plan when I made dinner tonight.  I knew that I wanted to do something with the chicken breasts I had, so I started with them flattened and dredged but beyond that I had no idea what I was going to do.  I began with the chicken and then went from there.  I had some lemons and thought lemon squeezed onto the chicken at the table would be nice, but then I decided to make a little sauce with some lemon juice and wine.  So here is what I did.


Place chicken breasts between pieces saran wrap and pound chicken breast with a rolling pin until flattened to about 1/2 inch.
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Dredge the chicken in an egg that has been beaten and then dredge in bread crumbs.
Cook breasts in a hot skillet with butter and olive oil until lightly browned and done.  Pour about 1/2 cup of white wine into the pan (I used a chardonnay) and juice from 1 lemon.  Stir until you have loosened the bits on the bottom of the pan and cook until the mixture has reduced some.  Serve over the cooked chicken.  Add a couple of lemon wedges for a touch more lemon.

I also made a couscous with frozen peas as a side dish.  I took about a half bag of frozen peas and added that to 1-1/4 cups of water.  Boil water and then add 1 cup of couscous, stir, cover, remove from burner and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.  Fluff with fork.

Also made a side salad to go with the meal.  A mix of greens, tomato and a little blue cheese.  The dressing was just a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment