Thursday, October 20, 2011

Soup

A couple of weeks ago I made a Sausage Lentil Soup.  I froze the leftover soup to have later.  I froze the soup in quart mason jars.

I wanted something quick to have for dinner so I thawed out a jar of the soup.  I decided that I wanted to do something different with it and thought that I would blend the soup to make a creamy soup.

I added the soup to my vitamix blender.  An immersion blender or another blender would work as well.  Blend soup until smooth.  I added a cup of chicken broth  to help with the consistency of the soup.   The vitamix actually heats the soup with the friction of the blades so if you are using another type of blender make sure you heat the soup.




One thing I found very interesting about the soup once blended was that it became spicier.  The spices in the soup became chopped up finer and blended into the soup.  I added a little bit of chopped dried parsley to the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment