Monday, October 3, 2011

Salmon with Creamy Basil Sauce

Studies have shown that people eat with their eyes before they even taste the food, their senses determining if the food will taste good.  I like to have colorful foods on my plate usually not the same color.  Tonight was not one of those nights, things seemed to be in the same color family and somewhat dull.  Each item tasted great but wasn't colorfully pleasing.

Tonight's dinner consisted of salmon, risotto (some I had leftover from the freezer - I will have to post this recipe at a later date), corn from the freezer (corn that was cut off the cob and frozen last year) and a side salad.

I recently ordered a Vitamix, which I received today.  I am thrilled with the recipes that came with it and know that I will be making some great things.

Drizzle some olive oil over the fish and ground some fresh salt and pepper over it.  I cooked the salmon in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.  

The creamy basil sauce was really easy.  You need 2 tablespoons heavy cream, 3 ounces cream cheese, 1 roma tomato, 1 garlic clove, 9 fresh basil leaves, salt and black pepper.  Mix all ingredients in blender and spoon over cooked fish.  I think the next time I make this recipe I will try adding goat cheese in place of the cream cheese.  

The basil sauce has a nice bite to it from the freshness of the basil.  It was also nice to add a few drops to the salad which consisted of lettuce and tomato.


No comments:

Post a Comment