Sunday, May 13, 2012

Roast Chicken

I decided to do roast chickens for dinner tonight.  I cooked 2 chickens together in my pan since they were small.  I have a 6 quart LeCreuset pan that I love to cook in.  I have to say that out of all the items I have in my kitchen this is by far my favorite thing.  It was big enough for me to place 2 chickens side by side to cook.

To the pan I added the 2 chickens.  Add a cut up onion, 3 sliced lemons, fresh herbs (thai basil, tarragon, marjoram, and sage - I am growing all of these in containers on my deck).  Place lid on top and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour, remove lid, check temperature of chickens.  They should have an internal temperature to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

The meal was served with leftover side dishes from Thanksgiving Dinner.  I had leftover sweet potatoes, green beans and carrots.  It was a great way to take some stuff out of the freezer as well as to not have to do a whole lot for dinner tonight.

All of the bones leftover from both chickens will be used to make chicken stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment