Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Version of Rice and Beans

This dinner was chosen out of necessity.  My husband decided to pull Andouille sausage from the freezer for dinner without giving any thought as to what to do with it for dinner, this is where I come in.  We are still trying to catch up somewhat from being on vacation and really haven't gotten back into a normal routine.  I am still missing some key items that I normally keep on hand all the time.  I really need to plan meals for the week and go grocery shopping.

Here is what I decided to do for dinner tonight with the Andouille sausage.  I decided to make my own version of beans and rice.  I know that this isn't even close to the real thing and I apologize to those who are fans of the real thing ahead of time.  I cooked 2 servings of brown rice (just cooked it according to the package).  I cooked the Andouille Sausage in a skillet until nicely browned.  We get our sausage from a local farm.  All of their products are produced from grassfed cows.  Place the rice in a large bowl, slice the sausage and add to rice, dice a tomato and add to mixture and mixture. The meal was served with a small salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment