Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cheeseburgers and Pasta Salad

Since the weather is warm I feel like it is the right time to grill out.  I know that it is only March and summer isn't even close yet but it sure feels like summer and what is better in the summer than burgers on the grill.

Cook grassfed burgers on the grill to your temperature.  We like our burgers cooked medium. Cook for about 15 minutes.  Add all the necessary accompaniments (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles) to a hamburger bun.

Macaroni Salad a.k.a Noodle Salad
I always have a pantry stocked full with pastas of many different types.  I never gave any thought to the fact that I was out of elbow macaroni or any other type of noodle.  The only noodle that I had in the pantry was a tagliatelle and spaghetti.  Well I didn't want to run to the store for just a box of macaroni so I used the tagliatelle for this dish.  I just broke up the noodles as they went into the pot of boiling water.  Cooked the pasta until it was done.  Drain, rinse in cold water.  Add pasta to a large bowl with chopped green pepper, peeled seeded cucumber; chopped, seeded tomato; chopped.  Add mayonnaise and mix.  I like to add about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.  If it is too tart add just a teaspoon of sugar to balance it out.  Mix and refrigerate until ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment