Monday, August 29, 2011

Grilled Mahi Mahi

We have this wonderful fish market in the town we live in, they carry all different varieties of fish.  We don't live on the coast so they are trucked in fresh.  Tonight's fish of choice is Mahi Mahi.

I first made a butter for the top made of soft butter, lemon juice, and fresh mint.  The fish I drizzled with olive oil and a little salt and pepper.

I also made a Tabouli Salad.  I had a mix to make it.  The mix is made by Fantastic World Foods which I piked up at our co-op.  I thought this would go nicely since it isn't really cooked (it uses boiled water to make the mix).  The mix contains, mint, lemon, garlic, etc.  Since I am using a butter that is mixed with fresh mint and lemon juice I thought this would compliment it nicely.

Also grilled peaches, and a head of romaine.

The peaches I sliced in half dipped in melted butter and then in sugar.  Then put on the grill cut side down.  The peaches cook slightly and the sugar caramelizes.


The romaine I drizzled with olive oil and then ground some black pepper and sprinkled some garlic powder on it.  Put it on the grill for about 4 minutes per side, it really depends on the size of the romaine. Once grilled, I shredded some Romano cheese over it and  a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.










No comments:

Post a Comment