Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding

This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Paleo.

I have seen a few recipes for Chia Seed pudding floating around on the Internet.  I finally decided to make one of them.  I used a recipe PaleOMG posted but tweaked her recipe somewhat due to what I had available and allergies.  This is a super easy to make recipe and it made for a great mid morning snack at work.

Here is the recipe for what I made.

Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding
1 - 1/2 cups carton unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
(I omitted 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves due to allergies)
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
Place all ingredients into a bowl, except chia seeds, and whisk until smooth.  Pour mixture into one large resealable jar or 3 smaller jars (I used 3 pint canning jars).  Sprinkle chia seeds over top (if using more than one jar divide the 1/4 cup of chia seeds).  Seal jars and shake until mixed.  Place in refrigerator overnight.

Pudding ready to go into the refrigerator

The next day, ready to eat



No comments:

Post a Comment