Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chroi Pollo (Chicken with Chorizo Sausage)

I have a confusion to make.  Whenever we eat out at a Mexican restaurant I always order their Chori Pollo.  It doesn't matter if we are someplace new, this is what I order, (provided it is on the menu) period.  Forget the other stuff on the menu, I head right to this every time.

I decided to give my own try at making it at home.  I think this came out really good.  We have a local farm who makes their own Chroizo Sausage which is really good, just not as spicy as some, but still very good.

Chori Pollo 
2 chicken breasts, pounded flat to about 1/4 inch
2 limes, juiced
1/2 pound of chorizo sausage, removed from casing
Toppings and sides: Avocado, refried beans, diced tomato, lettuce, queso blanco cheese, sour cream, corn tortillas.
Place chicken into a ziploc bag and add lime juice.  Place bag in refrigerator and let chicken marinate for about 30 minutes.  In a large skillet heated over medium high heat, add chorizo.   Chop the sausage up as it cooks.  Cook until done.  With a slotted spoon, remove chorizo into a bowl, cover and keep warm.  In the same skillet add chicken breasts.  If there is not enough oil leftover from the chorizo, add a little bit of olive oil.  Cook breasts until tender and cooked all the way through.  You can either add the sausage back into the pan with the chicken and warm it back up or just serve it over the chicken.

Mine without cheese

My husband's with cheese and sour cream on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment