Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chicken with Waffles and Gravy (Paleo/Gluten Free)

Okay I know what you are thinking...waffles with gravy?  I have actually heard people say "that is so weird" and "yuck" all my life.   If you are from Pennsylvania you will understand, at least I hope so, what this is about.  I have some Pennsylvania Dutch in my blood and that is where some of these recipes like this have come from.   It is the ultimate comfort food and a great way to use leftover gravy.

I found a recipe online for a paleo style waffle.  The waffles were very good but I found that they didn't get crispy like they did when I used regular old white flour.  So I have decided that I am going to take my old classic recipe and adapt it to a gluten free/paleo style waffle.

The chicken was actually leftover from last night.  We grilled chicken and put it on a salad.  The gravy is actually leftover from Thanksgiving.  I usually freeze my gravy in jars.

Waffles (Paleo/Gluten Free)
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
Preheat your waffle iron.  Place dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.  Add wet ingredients and whisk to incorporate.  Place about 2/3 cup of the waffle mixture onto the waffle iron (it will depend on your maker).  Cook until browned.  Remove and serve with cut up chicken and gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment