Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ginger Grilled Tuna

I have this new pan from Le Creuset that I have been wanting to try out, it is a grill pan.  It is the kind that has the raised sections like a grill.  I thought that I would give tuna a try and see how I would do.  The tuna (as I thought I was cooking it just right) came out a little more done that I would like, we like to eat our tuna on the rare side.  I need to work on the amount of heat it needs to heat up and maintain.  Other than that it worked wonderful.  Can't wait to cook something else in this pan.

Ginger Grilled Tuna
2 tuna steaks
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup tamari
Combine all ingredients, except tuna, mix thoroughly; pour over tuna and let marinade for about 30 minutes.  Remove from marinade and cook.  I cooked this tuna on this skillet for about 3 minutes per side, which for us overcooked it.

Tuna served with fresh cooked broccoli and a side salad
(lettuce, tomato, red bell pepper, carrots and Asian Dressing).


No comments:

Post a Comment