Saturday, September 14, 2013

Homemade Deodorant

I came across this recipe the other day, it is from one of the blogs I follow called Healthy Holistic Living.  I have found that most of the deodorants that are natural on the market I don't really care for.  I saw this and thought this might be nice to try.  I decided to share this since I made it in my kitchen and thought you might enjoy the recipe.

Homemade Deodorant
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
essential oils: I used 5 drops lavender and 5 drops tea tree oil
Mix baking soda and arrowroot in a small bowl.  Add coconut oil and blend with a fork.  Add essential oils.  Add more coconut oil or baking soda to achieve your desired consistency.  This is a deodorant not an antiperspirant, so you will sweat but you won't smell.

NOTE:  I found that mixing this with a fork was really hard so I decided to throw everything into my food processor which worked so much better.  Just be sure to properly wash your food processor bowl as the essential oils could leave a residue.


No comments:

Post a Comment