Sunday, January 13, 2013

Banana Pudding

Ever need a dish to take to someones house or a pot luck dinner?  This is a great dish for that.  You can make it ahead of time or even the day of.  I got this recipe from a girl I used to work with and it makes the best banana pudding I have ever had.

Banana Pudding
3-4 bananas (I have used up to 5 before)
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding (I have gotten where I like to used the cooked vanilla pudding better made by Dr. Oetker, imported from Canada)
3-4 tablespoons Cool Whip (you can find other brands that are a little more natural, you just have to look for them)
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 box vanilla wafer cookies (I use Country Choice Organic Snacking Vanilla Wafers, 8 ounce box, they are a little smaller than those other commercial brands.  I buy 2 boxes of them)
Slice bananas, mix instant pudding to directions on the box (same thing if you are using cooked pudding), let set in refrigerator for about 5 minutes (just so that it thickens up slightly) then add cool whip and sour cream to pudding mixture, mix well.  Layer cookies, bananas, and pudding in an oblong dish (or you can use a upright dish like pictured below).  Place in refrigerator overnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment