Sunday, May 12, 2013

Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad

I have a confession, I love salads.  My husband (Mike) is not a huge salad eater but as of late he is becoming more and more of a salad eater.  It started when we did the detox diet, we ate a ton of salads. So tonight when I suggested grilling the chicken and then as I was trying to figure out the rest of the meal, he suggested having a salad.  Of course I said all right with me!

I went online and looked for a recipe for the strawberry vinaigrette dressing, I mean after all, someone else has done it.  So why re-create the wheel so to speak.   I found the recipe at Prevention RD, it looked simple enough with the right ingredients (no sugar or other bad stuff).

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on a preheated 450 degree Fahrenheit grill.  Cook for 15 minutes, flipping several times.  Remove from grill to a platter, cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.  Slice and place on top of salad.

For the salad I had a mix of greens (green and red leaf lettuce, kale, spinach, arugula), strawberries that have been washed, capped and sliced, a small amount of pecans, and a half of a tomato.  Serve with vinaigrette.

Strawberry Vinaigrette
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 white wine vinegar
8 ounces strawberries, washed and capped
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of fresh ground black pepper
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment