Friday, August 23, 2013

Mint Ice Cream (Paleo, Sugar Free, Dairy Free)

As many of you know I have several different food allergies so I try to find things that I can eat.  In the Paleo Indulgences cookbook there is a recipe for Mint Chip Ice Cream, of course since I can't eat chocolate (allergy) I figured I could leave the chocolate out. 

Don't be freaked out by the ingredients.  There is spinach in it.  Don't worry you won't taste it, it only adds the color to make your ice cream green.

I doubled the recipe.  I will also give you the recipe exactly as it is written.  I put my notes next to each since I changed it up a little bit.

Mint Chip Ice Cream
Makes 1 pint
1 - 14 ounce can coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I didn't use this, allergy)
1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (I used 1 teaspoon)
1/2 cup raw spinach
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey (I used honey)
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chocolate shavings (I didn't use this, allergy)
Place all ingredients, except chocolate shavings, in a blender and puree until smooth.  Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  Pour mixture into a prepared ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.  During the last 5 minutes of processing, add the chocolate shavings to the mixture.  Place into a container and place in freezer.




No comments:

Post a Comment