Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chicken Asparagus Quiche

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the leftover roast chicken from the other night.  I didn't want to go with the same old, same old tried and true chicken pot pie.  I decided to do a quiche.  You can pretty much make quiche with any ingredients as long as you have the basics.  Here is what I did:

Use about 2 cups chicken that has been cut into bite size pieces.  I cheated and used a pre-made pie crust. I get these crusts from the local co-op which are made with quality organic ingredients.  These crusts are great if you want to make something and don't want to take the time and make your own pie crust.

I thawed out a bag of frozen asparagus, dried it off and laid several pieces into the bottom of the pie crust (I left the asparagus whole), add the chicken on top of that, add about 1-1/2 cups of grated cheese (I used a mix of white sharp cheddar, mild cheddar and parmesan).  Beat together 6 eggs and 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream, beat in a little salt and pepper.   Pour mixture over the asparagus, chicken and cheese.  Make sure that you have your pie crust sitting on a cookie sheet lined with foil (this helps in case the quiche decides to run over).  Mine did run over a little bit.  Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until it is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment