Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pork Bratwurst with Red Cabbage

Wanted something super easy for dinner so I chose to cook this in the crock pot.

Bratwurst in Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
1 package of pork bratwurst (4 links)
1 jar sweet and sour red cabbage
Place the bratwurst and the cabbage into a crock pot.  Set the crock pot on high and cook until your desired doneness.  I cooked this for several hours.

Spatzle
I make these without a spatzle maker.  I have one but don't use it because quite frankly, I hate to clean it.  So I drop the dough by uses spoons.
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup water
Butter (to toss cooked spatzle with)
Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bowl; make a well in the center.  Add eggs and water to well and mix thoroughly.  Scoop up dough on a spoon and with another spoon cut off small little pieces of dough into a pot of boiling salted water.  As the spatzle rise to the top, remove with a slotted spoon and put into a covered bowl with a little bit of butter until all are made.  Toss with more butter if needed and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment